Another variety that we offer is Cool Roof Tiles that are available with us in different colors and designs. These tiles keep the Roof’s temperature lower in the summer months. Made up of in-organic binders, our Tiles do not contain conventional Sand, Stone Chips and Cement. One can also get them in tailored specifications as and when required. With us, reasonable prices and timely deliveries are guaranteed.
- Tile dimensions : 300mm x 300mm (12mm + 1mm thickness)
- Tile weight : 2.3 + 0.1kgs
- Water absorption : < 5%
- Fire resistance : 100 %
- Colour : White
- Thermal property : Up to 15* C Surface Temperature Reduction (Depending on ambient temperature)
- Compressive strength : 23 + 2 MPa
- Flexural Strength : 5 + 1 MPa
- For Cooler Roofs.
- For Room temperature reduction.
- For energy Conservation in Air Conditioning systems.
- For Green Building Concepts.
- Floor tile where bare foot walking is required, like Temples, swimming pool walkways, Gardens areas, etc.
Why should we use cool roofs
- Dark colored roofs soak up the Sun’s energy, getting hotter and hotter as the day progresses.
- The roof space can become superheated up to 90oC on a 35oC day and the temperature of rooms below becomes unbearable, even with insulation.
- Air conditioning is overloaded and temperature extremes affect the durability life of the whole roof structure.
- Dark heat absorbing and bare metal roofs make up more than 75% of the colours used in our suburbs. Insulation helps, although once the heat is inside the roof space, ceiling insulation only delays the heat transfer process.
- The best method is to prevent the roof space heating up in the first place by reflecting heat away from the roof surface. Rooms below are kept cooler, reducing air conditioning energy consumption over the life time of the building.
- Air conditioning adds to greenhouse emissions and uses valuable natural resources damaging our environment. Cooling is becoming increasingly expensive due to rising energy costs, servicing and maintenance, so cost and resource saving in this area are very important.
- Hot buildings add to the Urban Heat Island effect.
Benefits of cool roof
- Water savings from reduced evaporative air conditioning.
- Reduced electricity usage conserving energy and valuable resources and saving money.
- Reduced peak electricity demand due to summer air conditioning.
- Lower urban heat island build up resulting in reduced ozone and healthier leaving.
- Encourages recycling of older viable roof structures.
- Cooler buildings mean reduced chemical and pollution for healthier cities.
- Cooler buildings mean less dehydration and chemical emissions.